Monday, August 15, 2005

25 Down, 78 To Go

I did it. I survived my 25th birthday. Barely. But I did survive. Whew. Glad I never have to go through that again. (If anyone tries to throw something rational out there like "What about your 26th birthday, won't that be worse?"... or "What about 30!!??" I *will* kill you. I'm working on one day at a time here, people! Please bear with me.)
Anyway, long (long long long) story short, my 25th birthday came in like a lion and went out like a lamb. Today I'm older, wiser, and thoroughly exhausted. To my friends who got me through it - thank you, thank you, thank you... don't know where I'd be without you. I never realized how much I love you all. The shirt off my back is yours if you ever need it. :)


Things I learned this week:
1. Breaking up is hard to do.
2. Polygraphs are crap.
3. Nothing beats a $2 cocktail in SF with your best girlfriends.
4. Boobs and $100 will get you front and center at a Dave Matthews concert.
5. Jumping on a bed (still) rules.
6. Cha Cha Cha's Sangria is both delicious and dangerous.
7. SOMA blocks are really really long.
8. Walking barefoot in a bar is a terrible idea.
9. Same goes for crying.
10. $200 champagne tastes just like $8 champagne.
11. Misery loves company.

And if anyone is wondering about the title, yes, I intend to live to be 103 years old. Why? Because when I was 6 or so, I decided that I would live to be 103. End of story. Can't argue with that.

Here's to another year!

Labels: ,