Wednesday, August 10, 2005

T Minus 4 Days

It's coming... like a freight train... speeding steadily towards me... I stand frozen... blinded by the on-coming light... unable to move... I weigh the alternative - jumping from the track - but we're on a bridge, and it's a long way down... I take a deep breath... I brace for impact.
On Sunday I will be 25 years old.


I know, I know. I sound ridiculous. Here I am freaking out, when I have SOOO much life left before me. But while 25 is certainly not old, I'm having a difficult time trying to still consider it young. At 20 I could play off anything - I was just a dumb kid... but at 25, it's a bit harder to sell that story. I am no longer a young adult. I am just an adult. Blech.

I have a job, and a car, and responsibilities. When did all that happen???

On the upside, I have a job that I love, I can (finally) afford the car payments, and I think I'm handling my responsibilities quite nicely, thank you.

So all and all I think I'm doing ok. But still... 25. Sheesh. I'm no spring chicken.

My mom used to tell me that a person changes as much from 20 to 30 as they do from 10 to 20. That's an awful lot of change if you ask me. And to be honest, I don't think I've changed all that much since 20... so maybe I'm in for quite a ride over the next 5 years. Scary? Exciting? Mildly Overwhelming? Dunno. But I'll keep you posted.

Labels: ,