Monday, February 04, 2008

Stupid American Independent Party

I think it's a conspiracy. I can't be the only person to have made this mistake.

14 days ago I RUSHED, frantic, to the post office, on the very last possible day, making myself very late for school, so that I could re-register to vote. (Having moved and whatnot.) Being the hip chick that I am, and wanting be a part of that "very sought after" chunk of the voting population, I decided to go the independent route this time around. No official party for me, thank you very much. Go ahead candidates, fight over me. My vote could either way! I was ready to relish the tug-of-war.

So I filled out my name, address, birthday, blah blah blah... and then I got to the little section of the form where you state your political party... Republican? No. Democrat? No. Green? No. Independent? A-ha! Yes! I colored in the bubble, signed my name, and ta-dah! I was registered to vote. Woo-hoo!

I got my little yellow voter registation card in the mail today. Next to my name it said "AIP". AIP? What the heck is AIP??? According to wikipedia... AIP is American Independent Party! Which is not at all "independent". Rather, it's a whole other official political party that exists in California. Gahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! So now the only primary I can vote in is some worthless American Independent Party one.

This is like the BIGGEST PRIMARY EVER!!!!! And I'm totally missing it. >:

Consider me so annoyed.

At the very least, I will share this. If you haven't made up your mind yet, please feel free to vote for this candidate in my honor. I'll be sitting at home, missing out.

Labels: , ,