Thursday, December 13, 2007

Reason Enough To Marry Him

My fiancé is the most wonderful man I know.

Lately, I've been lamenting my general bah-hum-bugginess to him. I didn't dress up or carve pumpkins for Halloween. I didn't put up my fun harvest/fall/Thanksgiving decorations. And, travesty of all travesties, I didn't get a Christmas tree this year. Anyone who knows me understands what a big deal this is. I LIVE FOR my yearly Christmas Tree. I delight in purchasing a new ornament every year and placing it gently on fresh pine scented branches. As I lovingly remove each old ornament from my ornament box, I remember when or why I bought it and why it's special to me. The smell of the tree and glow of twinkly lights reminds me of my childhood and of all things good in this world. It is one of my most favorite traditions.

And this year I just skipped it.

:(

Too busy. Never home. Work pressures. Wedding pressures. Family pressures.

I was just spread too thin.

"Next year." I thought to myself. Even though I realized what a cop out that is. Do I really think next year is going to be any different?? It's always like this. I'm always running around like a chicken with my head cut off - especially at this time of year.

Yuck. I've just been in such a funk.

That is, until I got home last night... while I was at work till 9 pm, my darling, amazing, wonderful, future husband went out and got us a little tree. Our VERY FIRST Christmas tree together. It's tiny, because we're going out of town this weekend then again next Thursday and won't be back till after Christmas... so basically, we'll only have like 5 days to enjoy the little ever-green, but I ADORE it. It's the most perfect tree I have ever had the pleasure of decorating. AND! He also got us a little wreath to hang and some mistletoe, which I promptly kissed him beneath as soon as I got home and saw all that he had done for me.

He makes me feel like the most loved girl on the planet. He reminds me to stop and think about what's really important. He supports me, and knows me, and understands when I need someone to reach out to me and say, "Hey! Take a deep breath and enjoy what going on around you!" I love him so much.

IMG_7890
Our tree!

IMG_7879
Too small to support the (giant) star I normally place on top... so I had to tie a little angle ornament in place

IMG_7881
My favorite person in the whole world addressing some of our Save the Date/Holiday Cards

My funk is officially over!

Labels: , , , ,