Tuesday, November 06, 2007

I Spin Both Ways, How About You?

The brain is a freaky weird thing. Don't believe me? Check this out: Right Brain vs. Left Brain

Initally I saw the dancer spinning counter-clockwise and only counter-clockwise and thought the whole thing was sort of bogus. I then asked Kyle which direction she was spinning.

"Clockwise, why?"

"Wahhh? Really? You really see her spinning clockwise???"

"Yes, why?"

"Well, because *I* see her spinning counter-clockwise!"

We then asked Kyle's bro, and he ALSO saw her spinning clockwise (Hmmm, a couple of touchy-feely, fantasy-based, wishy-washy, intuitive nuts we seem to have here. Not that I'm judging.)

If I blink a whole bunch of times in a row (my eyeballs start to hurt, yes, but also) I can make her spin clockwise, and she'll keep spinning clockwise until I blink like a crazy person again. So weird!!! Why do our brains do this!?

So tell me, which way do you spin?

Labels: , ,