Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Burning the Candle at Both Ends

I suppose it was bound to happen sooner or later. My body has been fantastically forgiving for all the partying I've been doing lately. For 2 weeks now I've been staying up late, getting up early, and washing everything down with a shot or two of vodka. It's been quite a trip. And all without a hangover! Every morning I wake up bright eyed and bushy tailed... ready to do it all again. (Way to rally, no?) And for this, I thank my body... because I really really REALLY needed it. Busy busy busy is the best way to deal with a broken heart, I've always said. But all good things must come to an end. Yesterday, I woke up deathly ill. Well, actually it was just a sore throat. But it was a sore throat to end all sore throats. :( I was not a happy camper.

Stayed home from work and slept ALL day. I hate being sick. It's such a waste!
On the up side, I got to make my famous chicken noodle soup (from scratch!)... On the down side I added WAY too many noodles and ended up with a something that resembled mushy noodle casserole. Oh well. It still seems to have done the trick - I am 98% better today! And that's good enough for government work... so I'm back in my cube!


I think I will put the matches away for a while and give the old candle some rest. At least till next weekend... when I will no doubt bring out the lighter fluid. Whatever doesn't kill me will make me stronger, right?

Labels: