Monday, January 15, 2007

The Next Chapter

The funny thing about life is that it just keeps going. It doesn’t stop for bumps in the road. It doesn’t speed up through the hard times or slow down to let you savor good times. There is no pause button, no “wait a minute while I catch my breath” switch, no time-out. Without any instruction or direction or even permission from us, it marches right along, sometimes without so much as courtesy call.

Twelve weeks ago, when no one was paying much attention, when we were still reeling from our father passing away, when we were not at all prepared, life did its thing. No fanfare, no countdown, not even an announcement over the PA system… twelve weeks ago, life just quietly, miraculously, went on.

***

I’m going to be an aunt!

My brother, Tyler, and beautiful sister-in-law, Brigid, are going to be parents!! (Surprise!!!)

And so begins the next chapter in the book, the next generation.

(I'm so excited I might actually burst! It's taken every ounce of my will power not to blog about this until the recommended 12 week point! YAY!!!)


:)

Labels: ,