Tuesday, August 19, 2008

It's The Little Things

I wonder if he noticed the look of joy on face, the way my eyes brightened or the sudden breathlessness in my voice. I wonder if he could see the glee.

He told me he was leaving. My heart skipped. Would be taking off this afternoon. I smiled. Would be gone till next Wednesday. It was all I could do to keep from jumping up and shouting "Woo-Hoo!"

A whole week without my tyrant of a boss calling me, on speaker phone, from his desk 12 feet away. A whole week without, "Well, that's not I how *I* would have done it" or "Just make it happen, ok?" A whole week where I don't have to hide in my cube every time I hear his thunderous footsteps approaching, praying that he's not coming for me.

A whole week! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Mental note: it may be time for a new job.

Labels: ,