Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Eight Maids

No, not “a-milking”, but rather eight maids “a-wearing funny matching dresses because I said so-ing”. Yep. Eight women have graciously accepted my request to stand up with me, wearing pink taffeta hoop skirts if necessary, as I promise to love my best friend for ever and ever. They’ll be there, by my side, to cheer me on as I vow to love, honor, and cherish... or to catch me should I happen to hyperventilate and pass out. (I’m nothing if not overly dramatic at inopportune moments.) My girls, my confidants, my best friends, my family. I love them with my whole heart.

But eight. So many! Think of the estrogen!! And the pictures! The formal shots will have to be taken from like 400 hundred feet back just to get the whole bridal party (all 18 of us!) in. Yikes. Which is sad, because look how beautiful my girls are. Every photo should be a close up!


Sara Caitlin Alina Emily Erica Sophie Kim Lucia
SO BEAUTIFUL! I CANNOT GET OVER IT!


And brave! So brave! Here’s an excerpt of the email I sent them “officially” asking them to be a part of it all:

I am going to trip and fall… probably down stairs. I am going to forget my lipstick… or my shoes… or my veil… maybe all three. I am going to get mascara all over my face… and probably on all of your faces… and maybe on the walls… and certainly on the front of my dress. I am going to be running late. I am going to forget to eat. I am going to forget to shave under my arms. I am going to hate, with an intense burning passion, at least three of my vendors, and this hatred will be known throughout the land. In short, I will be an absolute walking (and tripping) disaster area. I am going to need all the help I can get.

And they still said yes! I feel so blessed to have these girls in my life. And I am SO looking forward to going through the next year with them - dress shopping, bridal showering, envelope stuffing, bachelorette partying, night before the wedding giggly girly bonding. Yay for my ridiculously large bridal party! Girl friends are the BEST!

Labels: , , , ,