Wednesday, October 18, 2006

For You, Grandma

When I was little, my grandmother made me a joke book. An elephant joke book, no less. Filled with elephant jokes that she had painstakingly cut out of some newspaper, likely over several months. I never understood why she cut out, saved, and then glued all these little elephant jokes into an old photo album, but I remember LOVING it. Hmmm, maybe that's why she did it. Grandmas are good like that. Anyway, so now I have this ridiculous fetish for cheesy elephant jokes. It's one of my quirks, and it's endearing, darn it.

Today, while reading my daily comics and jokes (from
Acramax) I stumbled across as terrible an elephant joke as I had ever seen. I was instantly in love and knew that I MUST share it with the world.

Enjoy!


How To Catch a White Elephant:
Go to an place where there are white elephants. Bring with you a muffin (with raisins).
Climb a tree. When the white elephant is close, drop the muffin (with raisins) in front of it.
The white elephant will be happy, and eat the muffin (with raisins). White elephants like muffins (with raisins).
Repeat this procedure for five days in a row. After the fifth day, the white elephant will be used to its daily muffin (with raisins).
The sixth day you climb the tree, bringing with you a muffin (without raisins). Drop the muffin (without raisins) as usual.
When the white elephant finds out that the muffin (without raisins) lacks raisins, it will darken in anger.
And then you catch it the same way you catch an ordinary grey elephant.

:D

Labels: , , ,