Monday, March 06, 2006

Settling In For The Last Long Haul

27 hours.

27 hours remain before my ME 218 final project grading session.

I have a large cup of coffee sitting next to me and a stick of deodorant and a clean shirt in my purse. I do not intend to leave Stanfurd before 5 pm tomorrow. This sucks.

On the other side of the tunnel is my life. My glorious, 8 hours of sleep every night, not spending weekend in lab, actually enjoying myself and having fun with my friends, life!

On this side of the tunnel is 27 more hours of grueling code writing, and robot building, and tiny circuit soldering, and wire wrapping, and debugging, and burning myself with a glue gun, a soldering iron, a shorted battery, and/or an overheated circuit component. (Note: due to MULTIPLE burns and pokes and just general overuse I have almost no feeling left in my thumb, forefinger, and middle finger on each hand. Ugh.)

I am tired. 4 hours of sleep last night... 6 the night before. I actually got 8 hours on Friday night... but only because I ditched work to come to school all day so that I could have the night off to sleep. And the rest of last week was a string of 5 hour nights too. It's really catching up with me.

The worst part is waking up at 8am after being in lab till 3am so that I can go to work. Work!? NO!!!! Please, can't I just be a student!? Or, at least, just a regular old working stiff who doesn't go to school. I can't do both anymore! Not when school involves ME218. It's too much. I am so ready for it all to be over.

And I am so close.

27 more hours... I think I can. I think I can. I think I can.