Friday, February 24, 2006

And The Crowd Goes Wild

Just as life starts to seem pretty mundane, and I feel bogged down by the constant pressures of work and school... a rousing game of office chair soccer breaks out.

Oh, you read right... Office Chair Soccer!

See, they are re-doing half of the cubicles in my little corner of the cube-farm world. And in order to re-do the cubicles, the old cubicles must first be removed. Once the old cubicles are removed, you are left with several hundred square feet of PRIME office chair soccer playing area! Woo-Hoo!!

Office chair soccer is much like regular soccer:
No hands may touch the ball at any time - except for the goalies, of course
No time outs
Each team tries to kick the ball into the opposing team's goal
Games are typically low scoring and emotionally charged
Players should not play in high heels*

Here are some excellent photos of the action:
Image hosting by Photobucket


Image hosting by Photobucket


Image hosting by Photobucket

By the end there were like 16 of us playing. My team ended up losing, but it should be noted that the loss was not my fault! In fact, I assisted in TWO goals!!**

It was SO much fun! Such a great break. And the best part? When our boss came out of his meeting and ended up face to face with our impromptu tournament, he just shook his head, smiled, and continued walking. Awesome!

------------------------------------------------
* Unless, of course, you happen to be wearing high heels on the very day that the biggest and best game of office chair soccer in the history of office chair soccer breaks out and you have no choice.

** Assist #1 - I accidentally kicked the ball to a guy who I thought was on the other team, but he ended up being on my team and then he scored! (That counts as an assist, right?)
Assist #2 - A guy on my team kicked the ball in my general direction, it ricocheted off of my chair, and landed in the goal. TOTALLY counts!

Labels: , ,