Tuesday, February 28, 2006

For Christine

For my amazing friend, Christine.
For the one who has shown generosity unlike anyone I have ever known.
For the one who has gone above and beyond the call duty in our friendship.
For the one who has listened to me cry and made me laugh.
For the one I can always count on.
For the one whose opinions I may not always agree with, but I always respect.
For the one who doesn't always agree with me.
For the one who stands up for what she believes in.
For the one who is patient and kind and genuine.
For the one who reminds me to be kind when I don't want to be.
For the one who has been fiercely loyal through it all.

For you I say my most sincere and most heartfelt prayers... because that is all that I can do for you right now.

I know that you are going to be ok.
The doctor said that you are going to be ok.
You cannot not be ok.
You looked so small and so fragile in the hospital bed this morning. But you looked ok. Every prayer that I said last night was answered 100 fold. And for that I am so grateful.

An aneurysm? At 24? How does this happen? Why does this happen?

As the doctor rambled off things like "coils to repair the artery"... "started bleeding again during the operation"... "drilled a second hole in her skull"... "tube to monitor the pressure on her brain"... "she'll be here at least a week"... I felt queasy and afraid and helpless. So helpless.

All I can offer you are my prayers... my love... my support... my good thoughts. I hope they help. I hope they are enough.

And I promise to bring you chicken soup when you can eat again.

I hope you don't mind me posting this. I just wanted everyone to know how special you are to me. I wanted them to know what you are going through. I wanted them to pray for you too.

I love you.

Labels: