Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Because Someday... BAM... I'll Be Old And Grey And Wanting To Retire

Speaking of being so grown-upy... Check me out! I just opened a my very own Roth IRA. Oh ya, baby, I plan to enjoy my retirement. (Provided I survive the next 30 to 40 years working for the Man.)

I could only manage to put $300 in it (still chipping away at my credit card debt) but I think it's a very nice start and I must say that it feels AMAZING to know that I'm planning for my future.

Why all the gun-ho energy to get my finances in order? I just finished reading Suze Orman's book Young, Fabulous, and Broke. (p.s. I DEVOURED this book and simply cannot recommend it enough if you are, like me, struggling to make sense of IRAs and 401(k)s and saving accounts and student loan debt and credit card debt and FICO scores and home buying and whatnot all while trying to makes ends meet. It's a really easy read, chalk full of good info, and quite empowering! I actually found myself talking about no-load index funds this morning with a co-worker and I TOTALLY knew what I was talking about it! WOW!)

Fingers crossed for me that I don't totally blow this whole investing thing. I simply CANNOT be 80 years old still sitting in this cube farm.

Labels: , ,