Friday, September 08, 2006

Hi-Ho-The-Derry-O

... a camping we will go.

YAY!

In 3.5 (if they were moving any slower they'd be going backwards) hours I'll blow this cube farm and take off for the great outdoors. Woo-hoo!

My friends and I have been trying to go camping since April. April!! We were all set to go way back when, but we were overcome by events (read: rain! Which, by the way, I really didn't appreciate because, darn it, I pay GOOD MONEY to live in California and RAIN was not in the brochure.)

So we, quite literally, took a rain check.

But of course, it's not like we could just up and go camping as soon as the rain cleared up. No no no. You need reservations to pitch a tent anywhere decent in them thar hills. And the VERY FIRST reservation we could get was THIS WEEKEND! Ugh. It's awfully late for camping, in my humble opinion, I mean we're past labor day and pushing Halloween here, people... but whatever.

Anyway, so here I am (not so) patiently counting down the minutes until we simultaneously kick-off and wrap-up the 2006 camping season. Weee!

Labels: ,