Sunday, September 21, 2008

Moving On

Here we are, 6 days before the wedding, Kyle and I have officially switched hotels. And switched all of our guests over too! Gah! What a logistical nightmare! But it's done and I'm moving on. P.s. If you happen to be one of my wedding guests and you HAVEN'T canceled your room at the Marriott yet - PLEASE CALL ME!

Whew.

Kyle and I are now in the process of writing our ceremony (a downside/upside to getting married outside of a church/temple/insert preferred house of worship here is that there really isn't any sort of "preset" ceremony to follow. On the one hand, the ceremony will end up being immensely personal - especially since it's Kyle's dad who will be performing the whole thing. On the other hand it's a LOT of pressure to write a meaningful/special/beautiful ceremony... part of me just wants to fall back on "for better or worse, richer or poorer, sickness and in health, till death do us part." You know?)

Other than the ceremony writing part, we're getting pretty close to being ready to go!
I picked up my dress from the seamstress and took it to the cleaners to get pressed. I booked a limo to take the bridal party to the wedding (and a drunk bus to take us all home!). I met with my florist one last time to go over all the flower details. I gave a final head count to my caterer. We got presents for our bridal party members. And Kyle and I came up with all of our must play songs (including Black Eyed Peas' Don't funk with my heart and Wilco's California Stars) and our do not play songs (including I will survive and any song that has associated hand movements/line dances - think YMCA, the Hustle, the Macarena, etc. In fact, I told my DJ that if he lets the electric slide break out at my wedding he won't be getting paid.)

Kyle's parents arrive tomorrow, my mom, step-dad, and sister will be here Thursday.

I can't believe it - by this time next week I'll be a married woman. Wow!

Labels: