Thursday, March 08, 2007

And Just Like That

Today was miserable.
This whole week has been miserable.
12 - 14 hours a day... EVERYDAY... even Sunday!!!
It can't go on like this.
Work is Hell.
It's been Hell for months.

I spent today weary and disillusioned. Trapped, from 6 am on, in a clean room kept at 70% humidity. Wearing a sweaty clean room coat and fugly clean room bouffant on my head. Fighting with software, and hardware, and all sorts of big company red tape garbage. It was ugly.

At 4:30 pm I looked at my watch. CRAP! I actually forgot to do my homework and go to school today. Just plum forgot. Because I have no idea what day it is anymore. Because everyday is a work day. Because everything sucks.

I'm so tired.

As I was driving to school (late... to meet my lab partner and attempt to explain how it was that I FORGOT to do and turn in my half of the homework assignment) feeling quite exhausted and quite pitiful in my sorry little state, I got a phone call.

It's gonna be a boy. My brother is having a little boy!

Instantly! The cloud is gone and I'm (tired, yes, but also) refreshed and feeling blessed. Suddenly it's squeals and baby names and visions of little boy toys. It's a bouquet of blue flowers sent next day delivery. It's triumphant shouts of "I *knew* it was boy! The magic necklace is never wrong!!" It's the thought of our family name being carried on for another generation. It's the best day ever. Just like that.

:)

Labels: , ,