Monday, October 25, 2010

Losing sleep

Not because my little man still feels the need to eat not once but TWICE in the middle of the night every night*, but because I go back to work in exactly 3 weeks and I still have NO IDEA what we are going to do for child care. :( I am the worst mother ever. I've been in such denial about having to go back to work that I just didn't bother to find someone to look after him... and now here we are, with only 3 weeks to go and I'm totally scrambling. Nannies are SO EXPENSIVE (not to mention, how on earth do I go about finding a qualified stranger to leave my baby with all day long??!!) and Day Care is a.) hard to get into and b.) mostly geared towards older kids and c.) also expensive. I honestly don't know what I'm going to do. :( Someone please tell me that it'll just magically work out...

*confession... I don't actually mind the fact that little B doesn't sleep through the night yet. Now that we've learned to nurse while lying down and I've figure out a super awesome cloth "night time" diaper that doesn't need to be changed till morning, I don't even have to get out of bed. In fact, a small part of me sort of looks forward to our wee hour snuggle-fests. :) I know this is a fleeting time in our lives and there will most definitely come a time when the LAST thing on earth he wants to do is cuddle up with his mommy for a snack at 2 in the morning.