Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Countdown Begins

I went to the gym today... in a full blown panic. I'm getting married in six months. SIX.FREAKIN.MONTHS.

Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

And can I also add ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhgggggggggggggggg.

When did it go from being FOREVER away (a.k.a. 13.5 months) to being like tomorrow (a.k.a. 6 months). Do you have any idea how fast 6 months can go by? Whoosh! (About that fast.)

Things I can cross off the Giganto-list-of-stuff-I've-decided-I-HAVE-to-do-in-order-to-not-die-on-my-wedding-day (overly dramatic Courtney is being overly dramatic):

  • Save the data cards - check (I made them myself... I LOVE the way they turned out: Front / Back. They doubled as our Christmas cards.)
  • Ceremony/Reception Location - check
  • Select and Order Dress - check
  • Book Photographer - check
  • Find Hairstylist - check (just using my regular gal, I heart her, and this gives her incentive to not cut my hair too short prior to the wedding)
  • Select Bridesmaid's dresses - check (Aren't they pretty!? They'll be cranberry colored)
  • Select wedding colors - Cranberry, light pink, and bronze/taupe - check (unless I change my mind... again)
Things still looming:

  • FINALIZE GUEST LIST!!! (p.s. this is the hardest thing on the planet to do! We ended up only sending save the date cards to like half our guest list b/c the darn thing is in such a state of constant flux and our venue has strict capacity limits which we're currently well above.)
  • Order Bridesmaid dresses
  • Select and book Caterer - this is eating at my soul
  • Select and order veil
  • Take engagement photos
  • Find shoes
  • Find "something borrowed"
  • Figure out Honeymoon - we've tentatively dedided on Malaysia (it's got beaches, cool outdoorsy stuff, relatively affordable place tickets, it's not on the uber-strong Euro, it takes less than 30 hours to get there, and it won't be winter or monsoon or hurricane season, which is more than I can say for pretty much the rest of the planet)
  • BOOK HONEYMOON BEFORE PLANE TICKETS GET ANY MORE EXPENSIVE!
  • Figure out hotel accommodations for guests - EVERYONE keeps asking me about this!!!
  • Figure out transportation to and from the wedding
  • Find and book a florist
  • Find and book a make-up person
  • Figure out what I'm gonna do for Bridesmaids' hair and make-up
  • Design and order/make Invitations
  • Design and order/make Programs and Menus and any other paper stuff I might need
  • Figure out chairs for ceremony
  • Figure out decor for reception (This one item alone could take me all 6 months!)
  • Buy wedding bands
  • Find wedding present for Kyle
  • Get marriage licence
  • Get Kyle's dad certified to marry us (this will probably happen day of)
  • Create/buy guest book
  • Put together welcome baskets for out of town guests
  • Firm and tone my flabby butt so I can wear a bikini on the honeymoon
  • Find way to erase wrinkles from my forehead
  • Find way to stop creating new wrinkles!
  • Grow out my hair (think if I concentrate REALLY hard I can get it to grown an inch an month?)

Note that it took me 7.5 months to complete the stuff on the first list... how on earth am I going to finish all the stuff on my "still looming" list in just 6 months???

PLUS I have 8 other weddings to go to this summer. Yep. Including my own wedding I've got 9 weddings in 4.5 months. You do the math.

So yes, I believe the full blown panic was in order. Tomorrow I plan to do 900 sit-ups.

Labels: , ,