Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Holy Freakin Crap

I just won tickets, on the radio, to Not So Silent Night!!!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

In SF with The Killers, Modest Mouse, The Raconteurs, The Shins, Silversun Pickups, and a local band yet to be named.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Radio: Text the word “fuse” to Live 105 right now!! If you’re the 1053 texter, you win tickets to the sold out show!!

Me: Crap, where’s my phone? Must win tickets… must win tickets…ah ha! Found it. Gah! The battery fell out. Hurry hurry! Put it back in, put it back in aaaaaand power on... POWER ON! Damn you! Warming up… “Welcome to Verizon” yeah yeah yeah… Hurry!! Huuuuuuurrrry! F… U… S… E. Send!!

Reply Text: Sorry, you are the 131 texter. Keep texting!

Me: Really??? In ALL that time only 131 people texted in? Wow. Way to drop the ball people. Ok, take two. F… U… S… E. Send!!

Reply Text: Sorry, you are the 257 texter. Keep texting!

Me: Wow! Where is everyone tonight!? Ok, take three. F… U… S… E. Send!!

Reply Text: Sorry, you are the 726 texter. Keep texting!

Me: This is officially getting old. They need a lower number. Last time. F… U… S… E. Send!!

Rely Text: SWEET!! You are the 1053 texter!!


wait, what!?


Me: Shock… Awe… *Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal* (in Target… yes I made quite the scene.)

And then the radio guy called me on my cell phone (I felt so special) and got all my info and said my tickets were in the mail!!! I could not be more stoked!

The only problem is now I can never say, “I’ve never won anything!!” ever again.

Labels: ,