Friday, September 15, 2006

And Then There Were Five

And the five were Kyle, Kyle’s Ex-girlfriend, Ex girlfriend’s Best Friend, Best Friend’s Husband, and me.

What a party.

The five of us ended up at a bar together last night until after midnight and, actually, it was lovely. I am constantly amazed by how much fun I can have while spending time with someone who has seen my boyfriend naked. Because, let’s face it, it’s just weird. I’m not normally big on remaining BFF with the ex. Polite, civil, heck, down right cordial is fine – but continuing to hang out on a regular basis has never been high on my list. But Kyle and his ex were determined. And I must applaud their tenacity – because, darn it, I think it’s working.

I’d like to offer a nod in Kyle’s general direction for having fantastic taste in women. Kyle’s ex is smart, nice, pretty, good natured, compassionate, driven, and fun. Plus she has great taste in shoes and purses. Seeing as how we have ALL THIS in common it’s only natural that we should get along. And (I think) we do. At the very least, I can say that I genuinely like her.


Darn it all to heck, I like my boyfriend’s ex girlfriend. If the earth stops spinning, you can all blame me.

Labels: